Eureka Veterans at 1904 Jubilee Celebrations
Do you know any of them?
Back Row - left to right
1. Mr Main (Morwell Area) 2. M. Carroll (Ballarat) 3. Carl Trompf (Maryborough) 4. _________
5. _ Menallick (Brunswick) 6. W Braidi (Sebastopol) 7. W. Hanrahan (Timor)
8. ________ 9. ________
2nd Back Row - left to right
10. ________ 11. J. Lang (Bangerong) 12. E. O'Mahoney (Warragul) 13. _________
14. A. 'Sandy' McLaren (Korumburra) 15. ________ 16. ________ 17. ________
18. A. McNair (Brunswick)
3rd Back Row - left to right
19. ________ 20. Mr. Kemp (Morwell Area) 21. ________ 22. Mr. George G. Firmin (Morwell)
23. ________ 24. Mr Haywood (Morwell Area) 25. R. Batty (Havelock)
26. ________ 27. ________
Front Row - left to right
28. ________ 29. J. Wilburd (Bathurst, NSW) 30. L.C. Holmes (Arawata) 31.Michael Tuohy
32. A Third (Bolamwel) 33. ________
The proud faces of the veterans of Eureka stare at us from the photograph, taken in 1904, at the Jubilee Celebrations. They are so upright, so honest, and wearing the blue ribbons presented to them on this auspicious occasion so proudly.
We need your help to name all these old veterans!! Does anyone know of the whereabouts of any of the ribbons worn by these veterans to mark the 50th Anniversary of Eureka Stockade?
If you have any Eureka anecdotes or memorabilia please email Dot Wickham or Clare Gervasoni
A new book is on its way. It is titled "Eureka Commemorations". If anyone has anything about Eureka, however small or trivial you think it might be, we would love to hear from you!
|If you have any additional information|
which may help identify any veterans
in the above photograph, you can also email
Top : BDGS Home